No, I ... I could never follow . . .
It's been two long years now, since the top of the world came crashing down ... and I'm getting it back on the road now ... but I'm taking the long way, taking the long way around. I'll just take my time, I won't lay down and take the long way around ... I fought with a stranger and I met myself, I opened my mouth and I heard myself. It can get pretty lonely when you show yourself, guess I could have made it easier on myself ... but I ... I could never follow. No I ... I could never follow ... I never seem to do it like anybody else. Maybe someday, someday I'm gonna settle down.
If you ever want to find me I can still be found ... taking the long way around. -the Dixie Chicks

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Heading Home for Christmas with my Family!!

I'm heading home in a week for Christmas with the family. I can't wait to see my Mother and Step-father, my sisters, brothers-in-law and my twin nieces! And of course a Sens game -- woohoo!

Life seems to have taken me away from my blog these past few months, especially with more and more people on facebook, but I vow to get back onto my blog (and posting pictures) in the New Year.

I am still enjoying my experience in South Korea ... with thoughts of staying a second year ... unless the international school circuit comes calling. I am still undecided and feel that my trip home at Christmas will likely be the deciding factor. Life is pretty sweet over here and it is going to be tough to get "back to reality".

In the meantime I have started training for a half marathon to be run in late March! It is so nice to be running again. I found a running group in Seoul, and will join them starting in January for the long, slow runs. Koreans are in such great shape with all the hiking and walking that they do, it is hard not to be inspired and stay active.

Well ... this 4:15am posting is going to have to come to a close. I have to get up in two and a half hours to make my way to Church in Seoul. It is a 45 minute subway ride, but it has become such a ritual that I really quite enjoy it. I often spend the day in Seoul and plan on some last minute Christmas shopping today!


I thought I would throw in a photo, since I haven't posted many here as of late. The picture is of the Tongil-daebul Buddha Statue, completed in 1992 is 33m high and 16.5m round making it the largest in the world. In the body of the Budha statue there are 2 pieces of Buddha's bones presented by the Myanmar government. In front of the statue stand two 17m high stone pagodas, two 7.6m high stone lanterns, and the Tongil-daejoen Hall. Wishes of Buddhists desiring the reunification of the country are saved here.

Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year!!

No comments: